For the Eyes of My Secret Pal 7
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Yes, sorry , I tend to be pretty snobby when it comes to yarn : )
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Yes, I do spin...but I’m a very beginner drop spindler and have only spun 5 small balls of yarn so far....just got myself a niddy noddy.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I usually use my BoogyBag straight needle roll and bag for my straights and dps, but my circs just have a clear plastic zip bag right now.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve only been knitting for a little over 2 years, but I’ve done over 120 knitted projects and I think I’m more in the intermediate level now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an amazon wish list, but I’ll have to update it...it’s old.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love coconut, sandalwood, amber, cotton candy smell and honey....more of a foods smell than flowers or perfume-y.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? OH YES...but unfortunately, I’m on Weight Watchers and doing well, so I can’t have candy too often. My favorite is the Cadbury Fruit and Nut or any milk chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to do Creative Memories scrapbooking and beading in addtion to knitting and spinning.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like Kelly Clarkson (don’t have her cd yet) and more pop stuff....I also enjoy classical “mood” music. I don’t have an mp3 player, though...just cd.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I really like pink and pastel colors (light blues, purples, yellows, mint green and apricot). I’m also into white lately and spring type colors. I really don’t like go for autumn season colors or very dark colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Let’s see....I have a husband, a 13 year old son and a 3 year old son...also have 2 black male cats...Mr. B and Jack.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do like scarves, hats and mittens...not so much ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I LOVE angora...really love it...or even a wool/angora blend....I also really like cashmere (who doesn’t?), alpaca, and merino wool. Mohair is nice, too. Hand-dyed homespun is the BEST!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like cotton, but hate to knit with it...I really don’t like acrylic....but that’s about it....
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I’m really into spinning beautiful rovings into my own yarn right now...but I also like knitting socks, scarves for fun and am just starting on lace work. Knitting baby clothes is so much fun, too : )
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I’d have to say baby items if I want to try out new techniques, socks because they are so portable and practical and scarves for a nice, relaxing break from thinking.
17. What are you knitting right now? I’m just starting a pair of socks for my hubby and the Mary Jane lace cardigan from Knit Picks.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I do sometimes...if I know that person spend lots of time and love into making something just for me, than I would love it.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends on the project.....circulars for sweaters and socks....straights for scarves and other things.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Clover Bamboo for most everything....Addi Turbos or Naturals for circulars.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, neither...I usually use the back of my dining room chair.
22. How did you learn to knit? My mom taught me a little, but after my youngest son was born, I took a beginner and advanced class at a local craft store.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Luckily, I’ve finished pretty much everything before the end of the year in Dec....but I did cast on a few stitchs for a lace shawl and didn’t knit anymore on that since then.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love Hello Kitty and I love birds...especially egg shell blue parakeets.....or owls.
25. What is your favorite holiday? I think probably Christmas....although we usually celebrate the Winter Solstice.
26. Is there anything that you collect? I collect yarn! Ha ha...also love antique books (especially on knitting) and antique magazines. Oh, and quartz crystals and such.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I think Interweave Knits and also Spin Off....but that’s all. Would love the british Simply Knitting subscription or any overseas knitting magazine.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes, anything by Elizabeth Ziimmerman (except the Knitter’s Almanac and Knitter’s Workshop...I have those), I would love 2 skeins of Anny Blatt angora super in pink, or patterns for knitted foods or cute things like that.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I haven’t done much with color knitting and that’s what I’d like to try next. I have a pattern for a Lopi sweater, but haven’t bought the yarn yet.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love knitting socks. I have an American size 8 shoe...my foot length is 9.5 inches...also the circumference.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) May 23